Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa
Moo Duk Kwan® Ko Dan Ja rank (4th Dan and up) certification opportunities and Sa Bom level instructor certification opportunities in the U.S. are only available to classing eligible and/or time eligible member of the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation®
Members must be recommended by their personal instructor and Regional Officials and must be subsequently approved and invited by the Technical Advisory Committee to attend an annual U.S. Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa event.
At this event Ko Dan Ja rank candidates are joined by other qualified applicants, fellow members, guests, international visitors and Moo Duk Kwan® Alumni as may be invited during a week long testing process.
The U.S. Federation’s Ko Dan Ja candidate selection process is briefly outlined below.
- Once per year, all classing eligible and time eligible current U.S. Federation members are identified.
- A letter of notification of their eligibility and a questionnaire are sent to all eligible U.S. Federation members.
- The names of the eligible members who return their completed questionnaire by the deadline are then submitted to various Federation Officials for recommendations.
- Eligible members who receive a majority of positive recommendations from Federation Officials are then sent a formal invitation to test for Ko Dan Ja Rank along with paperwork requirements and event registration materials that must be submitted by the deadline.
- Recommended eligible members are extended an opportunity to, and some may elect to, test at an international Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa.
- All others fulfilling the paperwork and registration requirements are then scheduled to attend and participate in the week long, one per year Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa where they complete their Ko Dan Ja Rank testing requirements.
- In the U.S., the TAC Chair may also extend an open inviation to all Ko Dan Ja Alumni inviting them to participate in the week long training and Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa experience as visitors.
The history of the US Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa is a long and proud one.
Since 2000 the Federation has also hosted A Moment With The Masters in conjunction with the 1st weekend of the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa in order that fellow members have an opportunity to share a few moments with the wave of new KDJ hopefuls and current KDJ leaders participating in the week long Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa experience.
- Text KDJSSto 70000 for current year event updates – Terms
- Follow the USA Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa on Facebook
- Ko Dan Ja Candidates on The Soo Bahk Do® Institute
- Master Roberto Bonefont (Dan Bon 13927) shares his personal perspective about the rich history of the Moo Duk Kwan® USA Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa in his article “Ko Dan Ja Experience” published on the Soo Bahk Do® Institute.
- TKD Times, Eight Days To Master 2004-07 about the Moo Duk Kwan® Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa.
- Download Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa Preparation Guide on KDJSS site
The Moo Duk Kwan®
authorizes licensed entities
that host events and activities worldwide meeting the standards of philosophical and technical excellence expected for practitioners of the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system. Connect with the Moo Duk Kwan® via the web links and social media links below.
Latest posts by Moo Duk Kwan Events (see all)